Charger Radio Emulator

Code to run on Windows for CAN interfaces.
BCasey
What's hacking?

Re: Charger Radio Emulator

Post by BCasey » 2009 Jun 05 08:57

ahh great news!

I havent had much time to look into my problems, altho i figure out the sound issue... the laptop volume was to low HAHA

i know i know... but ill try changing those values to be metric english and see how it goes

thanks again

Blown7
What's hacking?

Post by Blown7 » 2010 Mar 26 11:03

This may be dumb but how do you use this??
Ah I figured it out you need a Can Usb.. I've got a Intrepid Value Can..... not sure if this will work.
And whats with the SVN stuff?? I wants in.......

rtgree01
Yes, we CAN hack!

Post by rtgree01 » 2010 Mar 28 14:07

The code that I put out there was designed to use the CANUSB from Lawicel. It's a pretty good device. Unfortunately, I destroyed my device this weekend. I'm going to be building my own device in the coming weeks that will do everything I want...

SVN is a system for versioning code online. So.. the source is available at LK's server: http://svn.canhack.org/browse/index.cgi ... xe?view=co

What's there is pretty old, and I have an update planned for the coming weeks for anyone that wants to use the CANUSB version.

The code that I wrote will emulate the radio in a Dodge Charger/Magnum/Chrysler 300. I can't guarantee anything, much less any other vehicles... I know that in 2008 or 2009 they switched to a different speed can bus and I don't know if anything I've worked on will apply to that...

Blown7
What's hacking?

Post by Blown7 » 2010 Mar 28 18:03

I have a Value Can which looks identical to the CanUSB.

Do you just start the svn program with the dongle running?

J

rtgree01
Yes, we CAN hack!

Post by rtgree01 » 2010 Mar 28 19:13

The link that I sent earlier isn't a full featured application. It uses the cansb device's D2XX interface, not the serial interface, and it was specifically set up to run on my charger. If your Value Can can use the same drivers, then it should work... Do you know what speed your bus is? In my car, it is 83.33KHz... Right now that is hard coded.
The C# source code to that application is at : http://svn.canhack.org/browse/index.cgi ... dgeViewer/

Hopefully this helps... if not let me know... Since i killed my canusb device, I'm not sure how much more I'm going to support this software...

What are you hoping to do on the interior bus?

The radio emulator stuff is a bit different though... That software was intended to be a plugin to the RideRunner front end for car pc's. RideRunner uses skins that present all the functionality to the user, mainly music and navigation stuff, but there are a lot of other utilities. I am using the DigitalFX 4.0 skin by johnwpb. If you haven't already, check out mp3car.com. It has a lot of info.

Ryan

Blown7
What's hacking?

Post by Blown7 » 2010 Mar 29 07:44

rtgree01 wrote:The link that I sent earlier isn't a full featured application. It uses the cansb device's D2XX interface, not the serial interface, and it was specifically set up to run on my charger. If your Value Can can use the same drivers, then it should work... Do you know what speed your bus is? In my car, it is 83.33KHz... Right now that is hard coded.
The C# source code to that application is at : http://svn.canhack.org/browse/index.cgi ... dgeViewer/

Hopefully this helps... if not let me know... Since i killed my canusb device, I'm not sure how much more I'm going to support this software...

What are you hoping to do on the interior bus?

The radio emulator stuff is a bit different though... That software was intended to be a plugin to the RideRunner front end for car pc's. RideRunner uses skins that present all the functionality to the user, mainly music and navigation stuff, but there are a lot of other utilities. I am using the DigitalFX 4.0 skin by johnwpb. If you haven't already, check out mp3car.com. It has a lot of info.

Ryan
Well the 2007 Jeep SRT has the 83.3 speed Can Bus B and the 500 speed Can C.
Well if you look at most of the commercial Dongles out there they all have the 'little blue plastic" covering so I'm thinking they may be generic?

Here's a site I found yesterday where a guy made his own Bluetooth interface for a Mercedes (we pretty have the same system) using the cheap Can 232 for 100 bucks or so I don't think making a interface is worth it.

http://www.honeysw.com/canproject.php

http://www.honeysw.com/can232hsw.php

My work doesn't really touch the Can B much except for the CCN as I'm building a standalone engine/transmission controller verses doing the entertainment system stuff.
But if I can help you with the Jeep interior stuff(the 2007 Jeep has the same ID's on the Can Bas your car) let me know.
You ever get on the LX forums?

Jeff

fantaxp7
How the heck did I end up here?

Post by fantaxp7 » 2010 May 31 12:06

So I've just bought BCasey's CanUSB and custom harnesses. I have everything hooked up and I can read codes in CanHacker. At this point, if I were to install RideRunner and use your plugin I should immediately have my steering wheel controls working? Also, where do I find a link to your plugin?

Not to be sounding like a pest, but do you have any plans on making that centrafuse plugin?

Thanks

Scatcharger
How the heck did I end up here?

Post by Scatcharger » 2017 May 23 21:26

Hi, i am new to this whole thing, I have a 16 charger scat pack. i built a shift light from www.chippernut.com/. i need a way to get the rpm signal from the can bus. Can i use some like this and this code to do that. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9555