Chrysler CAN-C Listings

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
nemiro
CAN? Tin or aluminum?

Chrysler CAN-C Listings

Post by nemiro »

I have previously worked quite a bit on a project to decode a lot of IDs on a Chrysler CAN-B bus, to interface RER and RHR radios into cars without a CAN Bus. That was successful, so time to kick it up a notch!

About to perform an engine swap on a Chrysler Crossfire. Crossfire uses exclusively a CAN-C bus at 500kbps. As it uses a lot of the same modules as 2005+ Chryslers, I have a hunch that a lot of what it speaks is standard for 300, Charger, Challenger, and others.

At CANHack, we seem to focus on the CAN-B bus a lot, as this deals with the things we humans interface with (infotainment, windows, lights, etc). How about the engine control side of things, all of which resides on CAN-C? I have begun data captures, and I also have a hunch that a lot of that is industry standardized, as your typical OBDII reader will easily pick up the data off that bus for data streaming and diagnostics. I am looking to marry modules in from another vehicle, and also work with RealDash for an aftermarket type instrument cluster.

Surely someone here has some of the CAN-C bus decoded already? I will gladly post up what I have, as I get it. Anyone else willing to share?