J1939 to OBDII

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
FerreiraKtm
How the heck did I end up here?

J1939 to OBDII

Post by FerreiraKtm » 2017 May 22 23:03

Greetings everyone,

I am working on a project to develop data capture from to max number possible of vehicles range.
I have found the following device from Digi:
https://www.digi.com/products/xbee-rf-s ... us-adapter

This is an integrated programmable unit for CAN J1939 and J1708 reader Wi-Fi solution. The SAEJ protocol standards state the J1939 and J1708 just apply for the heavy machinery and the trucks. They do not have an OBII port, but a Deutsch 9 pin port.

What I have been trying to achieve is to read data from a vehicle (utes, toyota hilux, Isuzu, etc.) from the OBII port using an OBDII to J1939 connector.
At this time all the vehicles that I tried to failed. The Digi has a list of parameters that can be read from the CAN Bus Network, and they stick to null even if it's possible to check that both devices are exchanging Can data packages. (when I configured the device for the right BAUD rate)

Does anyone have knowledge about this protocols that can give me a hand? Is it even possible to exctrat data from a OBDII port using a Deutch 9 pin?

Thank a lot of your help.