Open Can Database - Open Source Project

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
caranea
How the heck did I end up here?

Open Can Database - Open Source Project

Post by caranea » 2016 May 03 14:05

Hi, my name is Stephan. I'm the Founder of caranea. We are a german startup and we develop telematik and diagnostic hard- and software. We want to take back the power of the cardata from the manufacturer back to the customer. We offer a powerful open hardware platform to develop amazing telematik and diagnostic application. We also offer a Software to read over the can bus via TP2.0, UDS or KWP2000 car data like mileage, fuel level and so on.
We don't have the can matrix from all the cars just a couple, but we want to distribute them for free. We build an database to store these data for everyone, so if you have data, you can contribute them but you can also access the database. The goal is to give the control of the data back to the customer.
We are looking for support from the community, because we will need your power and ideas that get this idea running.
Pls get in touch with me or lets discuss here the idea of an open can database for an open telematic platform.

Best regards
Stephan

firebits
How the heck did I end up here?

Re: Open Can Database - Open Source Project

Post by firebits » 2016 Oct 18 12:51

I'm in the same search in an open source and free project with the help of the community, where we can access, insert, update, several manufacturers CAN-IDs.

There are some that I have collected, if you already have a website or the project itself, count on me to participate!

If I wanted my contacts, contact in my inbox forum.