CAN MIL Injector

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
doctux
How the heck did I end up here?

CAN MIL Injector

Post by doctux » 2015 Jun 15 13:25

Hello,

I'm seeking informations about CAN messages which turn the MIL ON.

I want to switch ON or OFF the MIL light by CAN. I already have hardware (arduino + CAN shield) but I don't know which CAN Messages can achieve this.

Thanks

mrdennis87
What's hacking?

Re: CAN MIL Injector

Post by mrdennis87 » 2016 Jan 29 11:36

Should be pretty easy to grab the packet for it.. Just monitor the can bus.. go unplug a sensor(like the tps) and watch light come on, and grab packet that made it come on.. of course do at your own risk and all that stuff. But if you unplug the tps, light will come on. Plug it back in, light will be off when vehicle is started. The important thing is to remember, when disconnecting or connecting electrical, make sure the vehicle is off and key is out of the ignition.

As for turning it off it's really easy.. Just send "04" across the can bus. This clears your check engine light ("03" would get your codes).

robertoal

Post by robertoal » 2016 Mar 02 10:14

I donit think you should use the 04 lightly, because this seems to delete the fuel trim/ecu map levels as well?
It could cause an elevated fuel consumption, some what rougher running engine etc.

mrdennis87
What's hacking?

Post by mrdennis87 » 2016 Mar 02 18:54

04 clears any codes thrown on the MIL, doesn't mess with the fuel mapping at all. If their is an issue with the vehicle running rich(hence a code), it will return to the original mapping programmed in the ECU, until the fault reappears.

robertoal

Post by robertoal » 2016 Mar 03 05:56

The elm327 spec sheet state's the following:
'The biggest problem with losing this data is that your vehicle may run poorly for a short time, while it performs a recalibration'
Link to 327 Spec sheet page number 35