Audi A6 C6 4F MMI High system install on a 2003 Seat Toledo

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
savabogdan
How the heck did I end up here?

Audi A6 C6 4F MMI High system install on a 2003 Seat Toledo

Post by savabogdan » 2017 Apr 22 06:48

Hello. This is my first post and I'll try to keep it short and simple. I removed the whole MMI system from an Audi A6 4F. I have the bose sound system with speakers, navigation, bluetooth telephone, parking sensors, lcd display, control unit, instrument cluster, gateway and so on. I managed to start the audio system but all the other functions ask me to turn ignition on. I finally got my Arduinos and MCP2515 to try and emulate ignition. Last night I managed to do it. After long searches I found that ID 0x2C5 and data 0x03, 0x06, 0x00, 0x17 was the right message. After that I found out by a lucky mistake while looking for something else that you need ID 0x6A5 with 0xCA, 0x88, 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 sent at the exact time I press the button for parking assist to get the image with the car to appear on the display. The sensors are chirping but nothing is reading on the display. I Looked on some self study files from audi and found out that the parking assist needs info about the speed, selected gear, reversing light status, and ignition. I only have messages for ignition but didn't manage to find what messages are for Select Drive, Select Reverse, Speed and Reverse light status. I am hoping that with the messages for Drive and Reverse selected+reverse light status on I will be able to activate front and rear parking readings. If speed will be absolutely necessary I will program the Arduino to read the speed from my Seat and put corresponding can messages on the separate CAN bus from the Audi. I do not own an Audi so I can't find the messages by playing with the can-bus. Can anyone share some thoughts on how I should proceed? Here are some pictures with the system laid out in my living room.
Attachments
IMG_20170408_130131.png
IMG_20170408_130148.png

Maik
How the heck did I end up here?

Re: Audi A6 C6 4F MMI High system install on a 2003 Seat Toledo

Post by Maik » 2018 Jul 05 04:18

How are the questions on the introduction of MMI into your car? I also want to introduce a rear parking sensor unit from the Audi A6 4f into my Audi A4 b7 to display graphic view on the RNS-E.
But I have not yet been able to run the parking sensor on my car. The codes from my car are not suitable for this unit. Do you have any information what signal can bus starts the rear parking aid on the car a6 4f?