Low Speed radio power up

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
marian
How the heck did I end up here?

Low Speed radio power up

Post by marian » 2016 Oct 03 11:40

Hi everyone,

I'm arduino uno and can-bus shield by seeed.
Please help me, how to power up Low Speed radio in bench?
In case of Hight Speed no problem.

Regards,
Marian
Last edited by marian on 2016 Nov 16 09:01, edited 1 time in total.

Galxie65

Re: Low Speed Chrysler radio power up

Post by Galxie65 » 2016 Nov 03 12:07

I'm looking for the same thing. Trying everything I can figure out to get it operational.

latonita
What's hacking?

Post by latonita » 2016 Nov 11 11:35

Two cases depending on whether radio has security features (european, maybe some US version) and when it is not.
I have european version with security. It is locked to VIN of my car and unfortunately i sniffed all the traffic and i couldn't find a way to turn it on properly. Need to do a deeper research and invest a lot of time.
What i achieved is to make it ON but asking for a security code which i didnt have. I requested it from Jeep dealer - they filed request to Chrysler and gave me 4 digits for my radio in couple days.

So the same method shall work flawlessly for non-european vesions without VIN lock-in.

I can be wrong (cant find my latest records on this topic) - please let me know over email (latonita@yandex.ru) if it doesnt work - i will remove radio from my car and double check.

But basically radio needs to receive 2 or 3 different messages regularly. It worked for me to send those 2 or 3 messages every second or half a second and radio turned on and stayed on.

first tells car power is on
addr: 000, len: 6, msg: 63 00 00 00 00 00

second tells tachometer signal
addr: 002, len: 8, msg: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

this one - not sure what is it and if it is needed, maybe it is wrong one.
addr: 43F, len: 8, msg: FD 00 BF FF FF FF FF FF

will try to double check, not sure when exactly. maybe you only need to have 1 message only.

marian

Post by marian » 2016 Nov 14 10:39

Thanx latonita.

000 powering up :)

nemiro
What's hacking?

Re: Low Speed radio power up

Post by nemiro » 2016 Dec 15 20:42

IS this for a Chrysler vehicle? If so, you'll need to send:
address: 0x000; length: 1; data: 0x63

You'll need to repeat sending that message about every 250ms to keep it powered up.

Micky

Post by Micky » 2017 Mar 11 15:46

Hello Everyone,

I'm very new to this, I have someone success turn on chrysler radio on test bench with can bus B. I'm interesting to get full code to upload to arduino can bus shield. Can some body provide me full code ? I'm trying to fix 2012 Dodge Ram radio. I only know how to fix it if I can turn it on but I don't know how to write the code to arduino but I can upload it.

Thanks in advance

carlos1984

Post by carlos1984 » 2018 Jan 13 15:42

hi Marian,

I just bought an arduino and a can bus shield, Can you please explain to me what I have to do exactly to get a Dodge radio working on my bench. What I need to know is what code do I need to run on the arduino or canbus shield and how to wire it up to the radio. I read that all you needed to do was wire the can H and L from the shield to the corresponding Can H and Can L on the radio, but then someone mentioned you also needed to wire the ground from the radio to the shield. I am need at this but I am pretty sure I can get it working if I just had the right instructions.

Bft500

Post by Bft500 » 2018 Feb 09 11:59

Hey I’m stuck as well
I have. 2008 Jeep that I took the stereo one amp out of
I hooked up can bus wires and speaker wires power and ground and the stereo just goes threw the eject CD mode then turns off. What other wires need to be hooked up ?
Does all the speakers need to be hooked up?
Let me know if anyone has had success in this
Thanks

nemiro
What's hacking?

Post by nemiro » 2018 Feb 13 16:12

Your CAN module and the radio MUST share a ground, or it will not work. If after this it is still not working, look at your bus loading resistors, and see if you need to add/remove them.