2014 Dodge Charger

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
CAN? Tin or aluminum?

Re: 2014 Dodge Charger

Post by nemiro » 2017 Oct 15 01:14

Well, for whatever reason, the RHR decided to behave, now. So, disregard my last request. Now if I could just figure out a 'Clock Fix' for the RHR, like there is for the RER/REN, then I would be styling :)

Yes, we CAN hack!

Post by poop713 » 2017 Oct 24 23:45

Yes, we CAN hack!

Post by poop713 » 2017 Nov 07 21:08

I have some stuff from a 2015 Chrysler 200

2015 chrysler 200 CANbus ID’s

Steering wheel buttons

Left button

Right button

Down button

Up button

Ok button

Behind steering wheel up left side

Behind steering wheel down left side

Behind steering wheel center button left side

Behind steering wheel up right side && volume up

Behind steering wheel down right side && volume down

Behind steering wheel center button right side

Vin number

190# [5]

How the heck did I end up here?

Post by 2014ChargerAWD » 2017 Nov 15 23:44

Good day,

New to the forum and not at all a programmer or hacker (as of yet). I have a malfunctioning #carconnect and a perfectly good awesome Tazer. I have a 2014 Dodge Charger AWD.

What I am most interested in is the ability to dim the interior dash/Uconnect lighting to zero when turning off the exterior lights. As the car is now, factory, it goes to parade mode, full 100% bright when the lights are turned off. #carconnect was able to program the car to go to stealth mode when you roll the dimmer to off. It would turn off exterior lights (it would turn them off sequentially oddly, from left to right on the exterior from the drivers perspective) and the interior. If you rolled the switch back up, the would come back on. The side effects were that that the door locks did not work in stealth mode, nor would the fob (except remote start and trunk open).

ZAuto had a 'Full Dim" option that worked similarly, but it was menu item in zauto menu only accessible from RUN, not running. Whereas #carcoonect was dynamic.

My question on this thread: Has anyone been able to make their car have a safe way to go into 'stealth mode' and come out of it while keeping door locks working? ZAuto says it's not safe the way avidcode was doing it. Dynamically.

Thanks for any reply. My #carconnect board seems to have a loose connection. It only works if I twist the case... and then it shows the menu. It's dodgy. Wish I knew what to fix on it. The hardware guy tried to resolder the board, but it didn't work. Is there a way to get the code off and transfer to a new unit?

Thank you.

Post by zrt0420 » 2018 Jan 06 14:20

Hey poop713, totally new to Canbus stuff here but like a previous poster I am trying to install a 2015 cluster in my 2013 Chrysler 300. Do you still have the complete steering wheel button commands from a 2015+ Charger or 300? Or do you know if these 2015 200 commands would work?

My car also has Adaptive Cruise Control which the new cluster says to service when I tested it out. So something there needs to change as well.

I can also try to help you gain ACC on your car if you can help me here a little. As of now I have an OBDLink MX but I believe I can test and log canbus with it.

Post by CIRC1977 » 2018 Jan 29 01:50

poop713 wrote:
2017 Apr 27 23:42
appreciate the info I'm reading through the forums a lot of good info. my only question is how can a device like the "zauto tazer" or the "Avidcode #carconnect" be able to plug into the OBDII port and be able to manipulate the system. I was bale to get some .bin files from the "avidcode" device and inside some of the files were many references to turn features off/on and even some I've never heard of before like "stealth mode" "horn song" "auto start on a schedule & when its below a certain temp outside" "auto close windows on rain, engine off, synchronize, A/C off" "home approach"
the list of features is amazing I would certain love to be able to do something like this all through the OBDII port.
Kind of a old thread now but thought I would give a little possible explanation on the references to turn features off/on or set/not set you might have come across. A lot of modules such as a BCM or TIPM are configurable to a wide array of settings, some for different models,features,countries, etc. If you were to ever use the factory engineering software for these vehicle you would see there is a lot of things that can be changed. So enabling something like turning on fog lights with high beams can be done , even though it is not prudent. You would use the software and make the change for enable fog log dropout from set to not set. There are also options for configuration like if the vehicle is an srt , this would enable things that are specific for the srt models.

Yes, we CAN hack!

Post by poop713 » 2018 Feb 01 23:01

I’ve been out for a bit but the cluster swap has been done I’ve been busy doing a ton of research I can basically change vin, hardware serial, and a few other things. I’ve gotten acces to all the major tools so going to sniff as much as I can get lol