Front Control Module

Ideas and discussion of what to do with the CAN Bus ( i.e. XMDirect, iPod, Carputer, etc... )
kmoney
How the heck did I end up here?

Front Control Module

Post by kmoney »

Help I bought a 300 that has a few 300c goodies installed and I'm trying to get them to work. The road block Ive run into is that the Front control Module needs to be configured to add all the new equipment to the car. Please figure out a way to hack this module.
linuxkidd
Site Admin

Post by linuxkidd »

Hello kmoney,
To the best of my understanding, the FCM can be programmed by the StarScan / StarMobile devices to include any add-on features. From your other post, it would seem that you probably have access to one of these devices.

Let us know how it turns out!
LK
If you can read this, the light is still red.
kmoney
How the heck did I end up here?

FCM

Post by kmoney »

Starscan can only turn on items that can be installed in the field by technicians. such as nav radio, DRL, alarm sensor,. I'm trying to get my FCM to recognize a premium clustor steering wheels controls and an evic.
The calibrations are set up by Chrysler and downloaded based on VIN.
Blown7
What's hacking?

Re: Front Control Module

Post by Blown7 »

Ya I know old thread but adding some info if people search

One way is to find a vehicle that has the same sales codes as you need, use the VIN with StMo thru Dealerconnect to reconfigure the "New" FCM with the info and once reconfigured install the FCM in your vehicle.
Or using a Can transmit or CDA send the sales code to the FCM usually on the 2007 MY it is Line $620
Keyword Protocol 2000 is used.
Go to https://essd.extra.chrysler.com/ESSD/Login.jsp
join and then search for the MY FCM config data PDF EOL file (usually it costs 50 dollars to download the file) and then send what you need to the FCM to turn on the items.
BCasey
What's hacking?

Re: Front Control Module

Post by BCasey »

question: do you have the CDA software, id love to get my hand son it and do some tinkering with my car